Material Design: Why the Floating Action Button is bad UX design
Teo Yu Siang
2.4K68

In content sharing apps FABs are fine for those 10% of people creating and sharing content but for the other 90% who are just passively consuming it can be demotivating. Not everyone wants to share content and the FAB puts pressure on those users to do so. Material design was made for developers and really could benefit from giving non-gaming/news/messaging apps some flexibility.

One clap, two clap, three clap, forty?

By clapping more or less, you can signal to us which stories really stand out.