Join Volta’s Growing Team as a Part-Time Events Assistant!
Volta, the Halifax-based innovation hub for entrepreneurs and innovators, is expanding their events team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, and detail-oriented person to join our dynamic team and gain invaluable experience working for Canada’s East Coast Innovation Hub.
What kind of people will succeed at Volta? People who care about our entrepreneurs, get fully on board with our mission — to help tech companies start, grow and succeed — and work cooperatively with the entire Volta team to build the region’s innovation district. Every day at Volta is different. We need individuals that are comfortable working in an environment where change is the status quo.
Reporting to the Event Manager, we are looking for an enthusiastic and outgoing person to assist with event execution. We need a self-starter who is comfortable working on their own, as at smaller events you will be the only event staff on site.
The Events Assistant will be responsible for the following:
- Assist event coordinators with managing events from conception to completion. This includes event setup and teardown.
- Be responsible for ensuring all events run smoothly and efficiently.
- Execute events with external partners and industry stakeholders, such as Canada Learning Code, Lighthouse Labs, and more.
- Work with the events team to execute large scale marquee events (hackathons, game jams, demo events, and conferences)
- Support the events team with marketing and promotional activities for events
What are the required skills?
- Personable, presentable, articulate. This position will often require you to work individually and be the main contact for events held at Volta.
- Flexible availability. This position will primarily require you to be present on weekends and weeknights. Hours will be based on events scheduled.
- Strong administrative and organizational abilities with the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple priorities
Please merge your cover letter and CV into one .pdf document and apply by email in confidence by 5:00 pm, October 19, 2018. Please note “Part-time Event Assistant” in the subject line.
Attention: Human Resources — Volta Labs Inc.
Originally published at Volta.