How to restart a computer
Many people have heart the old IT joke
“Have your tried turning it off and on again?”
But, do you actually know how to?
Last week, I was skyping a family friend when he asked
“How do you restart a computer?”
It seemed that the installation instructions for a design program had prompted him to. He was at a loss.
I did a quick google for tutorials. The ones I did find were either too convoluted or didn’t explain the reasoning at all. I had to walk him through the process myself, which I have documented below.
So, without any further ado, I present to thee:
How to restart a computer (Deluxe Edition)
- Place the cursor in the bottom left corner of the screen. It should now be placed on the Start Menu, like so:
2. Hold down the left mouse button.
3. Quickly release the left mouse button. Your screen should now look like this:
4. Navigate the cursor to the “Shut down” button.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3, after which the screen should look like so: