Revamping The Singapore Airlines
Our project aims to understand sentiments from existing and potential customers on how they perceive the Singapore Airlines mobile app experience and develop a revamped version of the app.
The process is heavily guided through the principles of user research and is executed through the Design Sprint process. Each of the team member participated in the research, ideation, prototyping and usability testing process.
The process is done within 7 weeks.
Team members took turns to play the role of a facilitator, business decider and team members as part of the design sprint process.
ABOUT THE APP
The SIA app was launched in April 2012 to provide customers with the tagline,“seamless travel made easy”.
Through the years, SIA has made a number of enhancements to its features including flight bookings, seat selections, meal booking, pre-check ins, amongst others.
The app has more than 1 million downloads on Android Play Store
While the enhancements with additional features have been welcomed, the team has made several observations around its ease of use.
AN OVERVIEW OF OUR DESIGN SPRINT PROCESS
Write down feedbacks from user interviews. Note as “HMW” questions. Select best HMW that can solve pain point of SIA app.
2. LONG TERM GOAL
We write down feedbacks from user interviews.
Note “ How Might We” questions. Select best HMWs that can solve pain points of SIA app.
- Set a long term goal
Where do we want to in five years from now?
- List sprint questions
How could we fail or challenges for our long term goal?
3. MAP & TARGET AREA
4. IDEATION PROCESS
6. USABILITY TESTING
KEY FEEDBACK ON OUR PROTOTYPE
1. Images are very nice
2. Clean and sleek
3. Not cluttered compared to Version A
1. More simplified than Version A, there is no scrolling
2. No repeated info asked from customer
3. Country selection is much better
4. Instructions are clear
5. “First name” and “last name” should be in separate fields
1. Easy to make fare comparisons via one-page view
2. Autofill feature to populate the fields is great
3. There is a review page before payment
4. Fare comparison — Need to click on the dates
5. Payment page was too abrupt “Oh it went through already?”
- Improve the Select Flights. Prices seem very tiny for users to view the flight fares.
2. It would be nicer to show all available flights in a list or card system.
3. Date selected in Select Flights page should have been automatically highlighted.
4. Felt like the payment process was too fast. Would have been good if there was some kind of Modal to check again with user.