I was recently interviewed on my end-to-end MBA experience.
Here is the full video. Please see below to jump directly to the questions you care about the most.
Questions [Start time on the video]
- Why did you want to do an MBA and how did you figure out which schools you wanted to go to? [00:46]
- Why did you choose Columbia Business School? [3:25]
- How did you discover that you are ready to do an MBA? [4:00]
- What was the criteria that you used in researching MBA schools? [5:50]
- Although you had a location constraint due to personal reasons, did you ever consider higher ranked schools as Harvard or Wharton? [7:00]
- How can prospective students learn more about Columbia Business School, especially those who are based outside the US and are unable to travel? [8:28]
- Did you ever reach out students or alumni members from CBS or have a conversation with them about the culture itself? [10:51]
- How many CBS students/alumni did you speak with during the application process? What did you learn about CBS then? [11:03]
- What do you think you did well in the application process that communicated fit with the school? Please give some examples. [12:48]
- How long did you speak with each of these students/alumni in the process of learning about the school? [16:21]
- Now that you got into CBS, talk to me about the journey in the first 90 days [17:25]
- Talk about how you landed your internship, through networking, in Israel [20:27]
- Its not typical that having a coffee conversation, even if its with an alumni, can lead to a job referral. Share a couple of tips on how you can make a coffee chat non-transactional, in order to ask for a recommendation [22:36]
- You finished your internship and came back. What was your second year like? What was the experience for Tech recruiting like?
- Let’s talk about the opportunities available for internationals in CBS. What kinds of companies come on campus that sponsor visas for internationals? [29:40]
- What is your one favorite thing about the Columbia culture? [32:40]
For more end-to-end MBA stories, please visit https://admissionsroadmap.com/mba-success-stories/