Have you heard of the Dracula Sneeze?
It’s one example of social distancing being recommended these days along with conference cancellations, work from home policies, and school closures.
In many places it’s all adding up to more home time, family time, kid time, and together time.
If you have a break, how do you embrace it?
Today I’m sharing 49 things to do if you’re staying home due to Coronavirus:
49. Build an amazing couch cushion fort
48. Organize the Tupperware drawer
47. Finally scroll through your Camera Roll to pick out a dozen favorites to print for a photo wall
46. Make a lightbulb vase
44. Start a Reading Challenge with your kids (some ideas here)
43. Read The Story of Us at Wait But Why
42. Do a 7-minute workout
41. Finally clean out that basement storage room
40. Make a mix tape or mix tape playlist
32. Go down a 92nd Street Y rabbit hole
31. Pick one of “26 very long books worth the time they’ll take to read”
30. Plan an epic board games tournament
29. Make a Maze Book
28. Watch David Foster Wallace’s “This is Water” commencement speech
27. Throw an indoor picnic
26. Go for a walk and wave at everyone from a distance
25. Pick something you know more about than most people and edit the Wikipedia page
24. Pick a year and watch all the Best International Feature Film nominees
23. Pick a country and plan an International Dinner Night with new recipes and music
22. Take Yale’s popular free online course “The Science of Well-Being”
21. Or another free course
20. Pick a blog you love and commit to reading the entire Archive (try this, this, or this)
19. Craft and mail a postcard to PostSecret
18. Write one of those late 90’s-style giant essay updates emails to a friend. Say you don’t need a reply
13. Put together a care package for a friend or family member
12. Do a yoga class
11. Go on a long nature walk in the woods
10. Pick a room and rearrange all the furniture
8. Fix something that’s been broken forever
6. Organize your filing cabinet, hard drive, or recipes
5. Make a bird feeder out of things lying around your house
3. FaceTime Grandma
2. Check in on your neighbors
1. Forward this email to a friend and pick something to do together
Want to read more books?
I’ve cancelled my newspapers, magazines, and implemented 8 specific systems that help me read 100 books a year.
Download my guide right here!