Joining NeoFS test just got easier
Wallet use instruction
- Neo privnet RPC endpoint http://fs.nspcc.ru:30333 can be used for custom wallets.
- Open the NeoFS Testnet Wallet.
- Open an existing wallet by providing private key/WIF or create a new wallet.
- Click the “Request tokens” button to get GAS tokens. Before switching to Neo 3.0, the user needs to operate with NEP-5 GAS tokens besides GAS tokens. With the transition to Neo 3.0, only the GAS token will remain.
- Alternatively, neo-python can be used. The description of how to do that is available here.
- It is possible to request tokens to the user’s address here in case of a custom wallet.
Deposit NEP-5 GAS to NeoFS
Creating a container is a paid operation. To work with NeoFS, it is necessary to deposit NEP-5 GAS tokens into the NeoFS smart contract in the blockchain.
- Select the Deposit tab in the NeoFS wallet.
- Enter the amount of NEP-5 GAS tokens for deposit to NeoFS balance and click the “Deposit” button.
Run NeoFS CLI
NeoFS CLI source code is available here.
NeoFS CLI can be built from scratch:
NeoFS CLI can be also run inside the docker container.
To get access to data outside the container, the volume has to be added.
docker run -v /data:/data -it nspccdev/neofs-cli:0.1.17
See README.md file for detailed examples of CLI use.
NeoFS CLI first steps
Set WIF for CLI
bash-5.0# neofs-cli set key <WIF>
Set NeoFS endpoint
bash-5.0# neofs-cli set host <Host:Port>
All active public endpoints can be found here.
bash-5.0# neofs-cli accounting balance
NEP-5 tokens have to be sent by the `Deposit` invocation of a smart contract from the wallet before.
bash-5.0# neofs-cli container put --rule ‘SELECT 3 Node’
Upload object into container
bash-5.0# neofs-cli object put --cid <container ID> --file </path/to/file>
Create storage group
bash-5.0# neofs-cli sg put --cid <container ID> --oid <object ID>
Any number of object IDs can be added to the storage group creation command.
bash-5.0# neofs-cli object get --cid <container ID> --file </path/to/out/file>
Open object via HTTP gate in a browser
Additional information is available in the GitHub HowTo file.
NeoFS Testnet status is available here.
During the test, we are collecting network metrics and feedback from participants which will help to improve the developed system.
Your feedback to email@example.com is important for us.