They ask FIFA to sanction the players who celebrate the goals santiguándose

On May 11 FIFA celebrated its 67th congress in Bahrain, a Muslim country in which there was an unusual event. An influential Muslim cleric, Mohamad Alarefe, an Islamist theologian at the Muslim King Abdullah University in Riyadh (Saudi Arabian capital) took advantage of the event to launch a petition that has raised a lot of dust in countries with this religion as majority. Alarefe demanded that FIFA sanction the players who celebrate the goals by signing.

The petition was launched on the day of the congress in the account of this clergyman’s Twitter (has 18 million followers) and caused not a few comments in Congress. Alarefe is based on the FIFA regulations to argue that the sign of the Cross infringes the spirit of the norm. It says the regulations that it is prohibited to show any political, religious or personal inscription in the equipment.

Alarefe believes that crossing himself is the same, even if it is not a leyanda that appears serigrafiada on the shirt. It should, therefore, be punished with yellow as when a player shows, for example, an inner t-shirt with a dedication, or message of any kind.

The complaint, obviously, will not be taken into account by FIFA. It also happens that there are also Muslim players who celebrate their goals by prostrating themselves and kissing the ground in a sign of gratitude proper to the Muslim religion. Neither one nor the other will be grounds for punishment in future modifications of the regulation.

Barcelona tie the second signing of his new project post-Luis Enrique

FC Barcelona have already tied their first two signings next season, the first of the post-Luis Enrique era. The first one has been announced weeks. Gerard Deulofeu, Milan striker, former canterano culé, will return to the Camp Nou for 12 million euros. A repurchase option that will strengthen the front culé. The other reinforcement is already in the template culé. It is Marlon, a Brazilian defender who made his debut this Sunday with the first squad and who arrived in Barcelona from Fluminense.

He did it as a loan with a purchase option that the Blaugrana club started to activate could hardly. At 21, at the Camp Nou is seen as a firm option for the future.

His good debut in the Canaries, unforeseen debut (left by the injured Mascherano) confirmed it. Thus, Barça will soon run, according to Mundo Deportivo, the 500,000 euros they have left to complete the signing of a player that will cost 6 million.

The arrival of the Brazilian to the first team will inject fresh blood in the defense culé … as long as it stays in the first template. It is not ruled out that Marlon could leave as a loan.

Everything will depend on what the new coach Blaugrana decides to take the reins after the goodbye of Luis Enrique. Ernesto Valverde is the favorite for the post.

Roger Federer announces he will not be in Roland Garros

Swiss tennis player Roger Federer has announced that he will not be in the second major tournament of the year in Paris from May 22 to June 11 to dose his season by fleeing the land and to stretch His career “for many more years”.

“Unfortunately, I have decided not to participate in Roland Garros. I have been working very hard, on and off the track, for the last month, but with the aim of playing on the circuit for many more years, I see that it is best to jump The ground season this year to prepare me for the grass season and hard track, “the Swiss said in a statement on its official website.

The champion of the French Open in 2009, his only ‘big’ Parisian, will again fail to meet with the clay court of the French capital for the second consecutive year. Federer prioritizes his assault on Wimbledon and the final stretch of the season on hard track and with the US Open or the appointment of Masters as great scenarios.

The Swiss marveled at his triumphant return this season after six months of recovery from his knee injuries. The world’s number one champion raised the first Grand Slam of the season in Australia, setting his historic record at 18 ‘big’, and then also winning at Indian Wells and Miami.

Four tournaments in 2017 has played a Federer who, at age 35, recognizes the need to dose his schedule. “The start of the year has been magical but I have to recognize that scheduling my tournaments well will be the key to keep playing for years to come. Playing only a ground tournament was not the best thing for my tennis and my physical preparation for the rest of the season “, Ends.