This week React team announced v15.5 with some deprecation warnings that prepare developers before v16. Twitter has launched a new lite version of their web application as progressive web app, and it’s really fast and light weight.
- Firebase is increasing the concurrent connections limit from 10,000 to 100,000 — cloud is becoming cheaper.
- Meteor (the company) released recently acquired Kadira APM as an open source project.
- ES Lint 4.0-alpha released — if you still don’t use ESLint, start today, you’ll be glad you did.
- Sketch is doing something interesting with their new release. They introduce design repositories as their .sketch file. Now design and code are getting even closer. Design IS Code & Code IS Design.
1. React v15.5.0
It's been exactly one year since the last breaking change to React. Our next major release, React 16, will include some…facebook.github.io
New minor version of React has been released. It includes few depreaction warnings PropTypes and CreateClass have been extracted into their own separate packages. No more support for React add-ons. React Test Utils is now deprecated too.
2. Preload, Prefetch And Priorities in Chrome
Today we’ll dive into insights from Chrome’s networking stack to provide clarity on how web loading primitives (like…medium.com
Great insight into how Chrome’s networking stack works to preload and prefetch some resources. Awesome tips how improve load time and app performance. Make the web faster, one app at the time.
3. The Glimmer VM: Boots Fast and Stays Fast
Great web applications boot up fast and stay silky smooth once they've started. In other contexts, applications can…yehudakatz.com
Continuing the topic of speed. Ember core developers took the time to explain the world why new Glimmer library is fast and compare it to React’s virtual DOM.
4. Build a “Serverless” Slack Bot in 9 Minutes with Node.js and StdLib
A step-by-step tutorialmedium.com
Ever wanted to build a slack bot. Not sure where to start? This is a step by step tutorial how to build a simple slack bot with Node.js. A small warning — it may take more than 9 minutes to go through the tutorial 👻
5. Architecture of Twitter Lite
We're excited to introduce you to Twitter Lite, a Progressive Web App that is available at mobile.twitter.com. Twitter…blog.twitter.com
6. Webpack and Rollup: the same but different
This week, Facebook merged a monster pull request into React that replaced its existing build process with one based on…medium.com
7. Video course: AWS Developer — An Introduction to AWS Lambda.
AWS Lambda is the leading serverless functions provider in the world.www.pluralsight.com
The course I’m watching now (this is not an ad for Pluralsight). AWS Lambda is such a cool concept. After I really understood what it is — there are so many possibilities. This is what can make your code “serverless”, btw.
If you liked this post, click the 💚 below so other people can find it on Medium. Follow me on Twitter to stay in touch.