ISMRM Diffusion Study Group Workshop 2016: Preliminary Program
DAY 1: Monday, September 12, 2016
Diffusion Bootcamp: Morning Session
- Basics of measuring diffusion. Tim Dyrby, Ph.D.
- Relaxation and exchange. Samo Lasic, Ph.D.
- Modeling 1 — from DTI to HARDI. Maxime Descoteaux, Ph.D.
- Modeling 2 — Quantitation of Microstructure. Gary Zhang. Ph.D.
Diffusion Bootcamp: Afternoon Session
- Processing pipelines. Carlo Pierpaoli, Ph.D.
- Analysis pipelines. Alex Leemans, Ph.D.
- Anatomy 1 — Neuroanatomy. Giorgio Innocenti, Ph.D.
- Anatomy 2 — Tractographic Anatomy. Bram Stieltjes, M.D.
- Clinical translation. Christopher Hess, M.D., Ph.D.
DAY 2: Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Session 1: Physics & Acquisition
- What is your sequence? A tour of the body in many acquisition strategies. Karla Miller, Ph.D.
- MRI physics meets diffusion modeling. Chunlei Lu, Ph.D.
- Clever diffusion gradient design. Evren Ozarslan, Ph.D.
Session 2: Microstructure and Modeling
- Basics of diffusion modeling: model free vs compartment models. Daniel Alexander, Ph.D.
- Diffusion tensor distributions and fat b-tensors. Markus Nilsson, Ph.D.
- G-ratio imaging. Jennifer Campbell, Ph.D.
- Breaking barriers with diffusion. Denis LeBihan, M.D., Ph.D.
DAY 3: Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Session 3: Tractography
- What Information is gained or lost from DTI to HARDI to DSI tractography? Flavio Dell’Aqua PhD
- Extracting information from streamlines: track density, track length & beyond. Fernando Calamante, Ph.D.
- White matter structure: Sheet happens! Van Wedeen, Ph.D.
Session 4: Connectivity
- Quantifying structural connectivity — tractometry. Alessandro Daducci, Ph.D.
- The devil is in the details: what’s in a connectivity matrix? Stam Sotiropoulos
- Exploring links between structural and functional connectivity. Alfred Anwander, Ph.D.
DAY 4: Thursday, September 15, 2016
Session 5: Validation
- Validation of microstructural modeling in spinal cord imaging. Julien Cohen-Adad, Ph.D.
- When tracks are actually tracts — validating tractography using multiple modalities. Adam Anderson, PhD
- Validating the human connectome. David van Essen, Ph.D.
Session 6: Clinical Applications
- Cardiac & muscle. Martijn Froeling, Ph.D.
- Oncologic applications. Eric Sigmund, Ph.D.
- Neurologic Applications. Claudia Wheeler-Kingshott, Ph.D.
DAY 5: Friday, September 16, 2016
Session 7: Diffusion — Strategic Directions
- Recap and Reflections on the 2016 Workshop. Workshop Organizing Committee
- Diffusion research: hindered or restricted? Peter Basser, Ph.D.
- Where do we go from here? Derek Jones, Ph.D.