An Asian actor who’s “made it” in Hollywood against all odds, can teach you how to market yourself with the power of mind- body communication
Brian Kamei could have become a doctor or lawyer, like his parents wanted, but he took a different road. He decided to become an actor even though…
he had no connections
he had no money
he had 2 kids
and he had no experience
How he went on to win credits on Glee, AHS, Hawaii Five- O, and numerous national commercials, is the result of “Communication Bushido”;
- Breath- aka the actor’s “tool”. Proper breathing from shallow to mid to deep enhances pace, balance, projection and “chi” (life energy).
- Move- expend excess physical energy so to establish link to mind. MMA (major movement awareness) is best.
- Work from emotion first- Through MMA expend all excess emotion so to get to core of intent.
- Location- find the space that is private, all yours, where you can practice freely. No distractions.
- Write- use elegant pen that fits your hand and good stationery.
- Bonsai- prune away all fat of distractions and get down to 1 minute elevator pitch of what you want to say. Then trim it to 30 seconds.
- Perform- practice your words in front of mirror, pacing, doing MMA, martial arts- yoga based, until you internalize.
- Walking meditation- contemplate “flow” of words rather than memorize and connect with your movements.
- Shout it- find the place in nature where you can project to full volume. Find variation and tone of voice.
- Consistency- perform to group and review words; revise what works; repeat till it feels natural. Focus on attitude, not memorization.
To find out more about Communication Bushido and Brian-
Go to newasianism.com, sign up for free information