- Former Attorney General Loretta E. Lynch affectionately praised Mr. Boente last February when he was sworn in as United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia.
- In October 2015, Mr. Boente was nominated by President Barack Obama to be the United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia and was confirmed by the United States Senate that December.
- ‘Up Is Down’: Trump’s Unreality Show Echoes His Business Past JAN. 28, 2017
- Trump Fires Acting Attorney General Who Defied Him JAN. 30, 2017
- President Donald J. Trump appointed Dana J. Boente, the United States attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, to be acting attorney general on Monday night after he dismissed Sally Q. Yates from that role over her refusal to defend his executive order on immigration in court.
@nytimes: “Who is Dana Boente, the new acting attorney general?” open tweet »