Grand Opening Celebration for New Maryland Heights Community Center Set for May 20
Public invited to enjoy afternoon of festivities, tours, entertainment, fun & games starting at 1 p.m.
May 16, 2017, Maryland Heights, Missouri…The City of Maryland Heights will celebrate the public grand opening of its new $30 million Community Center on Saturday, May 20, with an afternoon of festivities including a ribbon cutting, free food, music, entertainment, tours of the new 92,000 square foot Center, plus free gifts and celebration of National Kids to Parks Day.
“We invite everyone who lives, works or plays in the Maryland Heights community to join us for our grand opening ceremonies for this magnificent new facility,” said Maryland Heights Mayor Mike Moeller. “We are extremely proud of the new Center’s diverse amenities for people of all ages.”
The sleek, new Community Center features an impressive array of activities, features and services to meet wide-ranging recreational, fitness and lifestyle interests of the Maryland Heights community, including:
- 12,800 square foot double-court Gymnasium offering basketball, volleyball and pickle ball courts;
- Aquatic Center including a leisure pool w/lap lanes, zip-line, current channel, drop-slide, climbing walls and kids area;
- Fitness Center with three adjoining group exercise studios;
- Indoor Walking/Jogging Track;
- Preschool/Play Center areas;
- Senior Lounge;
- 4,750 square-foot special events rental space with catering kitchen and seating for 400+ people
- Multiple program/activity/meeting rooms
The new Center, located at 2300 McKelvey Road, houses the city’s Department of Parks and Recreation staff and programs. It supports many uses including swimming lessons, sports leagues, childcare, group exercise classes and rentable space for events such as weddings, lock-ins and birthday parties. Special membership packages are available for people living and/or working within Maryland Heights’ borders.
The activities schedule for the May 20 celebration includes:
· 1 p.m. Ribbon Cutting/Dedication with community VIPs
· 1:30 to 4 p.m. — Music, food, entertainment, games and tours of the Center
· 3 p.m. National Kids to Park Day visits with Mayor Mike Moeller to these four local parks for fun and giveaways: 3–3:30 p.m. — Dogport; 3:45–4:15 p.m. — Eise Park; 4:30- 5:00 p.m. Parkwood Park; 5:15–5:45 p.m. Vago Park.
If inclement weather occurs, outdoor activities will take place inside the Community Center.
For more information, please contact Assistant to the City Administrator Gabby Macaluso at (314) 738–2204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.