The Indian version of the D-Link DSL-2750U router with Firmware version IN_1.08 does not have the (Static) IP over Ethernet (IPOE / MER) configuration capability. So it can not be used as a broadband router to connect to an ISP using WAN. But the Middle East version of this router with updated ME_1.09 has this functionality built-in. So, we are going to upgrade the firmware of this router to the Middle East version.
Disclaimer: Flashing firmware of an unsupported variant can void your router’s warranty.
:: Firmware Upgrade ::
1. First, check if your router’s Hardware Version is “U1”. If it is, only then download the firmware from this link: ME_1.09.
2. Connect the router with a LAN cable with your computer and visit 192.168.1.1 from a browser.
3. Navigate to this page, select the firmware file you just downloaded, and click Update Firmware button.
4. If everything goes well, the firmware should be upgraded to ME_1.09 like this:
:: WAN Configuration ::
1. Connect the ISP provided broadband Ethernet jack into the Lan4 port of your router. Then navigate to this page and delete if there is any previously added configuration and configure as below.
2. Input the WAN IP Settings that are provided by your ISP for your connection.
3. Now click Apply and the router should be connected to the internet successfully.
:: Additional Tip ::
It is not a requirement but you can disable the DSL functionality of your router if don’t intend to use it as an ADSL router in the future.