OpenBSD in Amsterdam
Do you know at this some hosting company giving you the possibility to have your own OpenBSD virtual machine running on bare-metal OpenBSD server? Currently, I don’t know a lot of company doing this… Only one small project from OpenBSD.Amsterdam for 60€/year! So why should you buy this kind of service?
- It runs OpenBSD as main OS.
- It will help to debug OpenBSD hypervisor (vmm).
- It gives 10€ to OpenBSD project (and all related ones, like OpenSSH, LibreSSL and many more)
- You have one IPv4 and one IPv6/64.
- A good occasion to try a stable and secure operating system developed by one of the most amazing IT community!
I have it… What can I do now?!
First, you can read the post-installation manual, and configure correctly your new virtual machine. You need some ideas?! Without third-party software you can…
- Create your own web server with openhttpd
- Create your own mail server with opensmtpd
- Create your own DNS authoritative server with nsd
- Create your own DNS cache server with unbound
- Create your own VPN with ipsec
- Create your own LDAP server with ldapd
- Create your own NTP server with openntpd
- Create your own SFTP or FTP server
- Create your own OpenBSD release builder…
- And so many other things!
You can also say thanks to Mischa for this really nice project!
Thanks to Roman too about my mistake…