I was pleasantly surprised to see a new electric van available in New Zealand. It’s the EV 80 from LDV (a Chinese brand). Price $57,500 + ORC
Here’s the basic stats when compared with the other EV van, the Nissan eNV200:
- Volume: 4.2 m3 (nissan) vs 10.4 m3 (ldv)
- Minibus Seats: 7 seats (nissan) vs 10 seats (ldv)
- Cargo: 705 kg (nissan) vs 1000 kg (ldv)
- Battery: 40kWh (nissan) vs 56 kWh (ldv)
- NEDC Range: 280 km (nissan empty) vs 192 km (ldv with 50% load) so not a fair comparison
I suspect we’ll see a few other these on the road soon, and with the chassis-only mode, there will probably be a bunch of localised configurations — such as campers, etc.