7 reasons you need visual content in your marketing strategy
Did you know that our brains process visuals 60,000x faster than text? In a race, text just can’t compete with images. We understand images instantly. We have to work to process text.
There was a time when the Internet was more text than images.
Fast forward to 2015 pages with images or video draw, on average, 94% more views than their text-only counterparts. Landing pages with video convert customers 86% more frequently than those with only text. And 65% of email readers prefer messages that are mostly images.
1. 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
2. 40% of people will respond better to visual information than plain text
3. Posts with videos attract 3 times more inbound links than plain text posts.
4. 85% of the US internet audience watches videos online.
5. People spend more time with digital video than with social media
6. Facebook announced they are generating 8 billion video views per day, Snapchat announced they are doing 6 billion
views per day
7. YouTube users now upload more than 500 hours of video to the site every minute
Creating visual content for your content marketing strategy doesn’t need to be a complicated process. There are hundreds of tools out there designed especially to make your life easier.