6 tips to buy gold jewellery online in India
Gold jewellery is considered sacred in India. People in India have a tendency to buy gold jewellery as security. The fact is that gold prices are rarely affected by the market and they usually continue on their upward swing therefore it is quite a sensible thing to do. One can always liquidate the gold based on existing prices and use that money to survive through a financial or economic crisis.
The buying and selling of gold jewellery has always been in vogue in India. Thanks to the internet, the process has become much more streamlined and easy. Earlier if you wanted to buy gold jewellery, you had to search for stores and then search for the particular jewellery that you wished to purchase.
Thanks to the internet one can simply go online and buy what they’re looking for. Some of the online jewellery portals also offer customization options. There are certain things that one needs to keep in mind when one has to buy gold jewellery online in India. The following 6 tips shall help you when buying gold.
1) Understand that there are variations in gold that affect its purity, quality and price — the main factors to consider include purity, gram weight and design.
2) Purity — When it comes to purity, most gold has markings inside that indicate its Carat age.
Pure gold is too soft to use it as jewellery. So it is alloyed with a mixture of metals like silver, copper, nickel, and zinc to give it strength and durability. The most common ‘Carat’ options are 18 K, 22K or 24 K.
3) Price — The price of gold jewellery is determined by the purity of the gold, which alloy it is combined with, and by the amount of skill and labour that goes into the piece — the higher the skill and labour, the higher the making charges.
4) Colour — Gold has many variations. In addition to yellow gold, white gold and rose gold are also popular options. You can also find many two-tone styles, if you prefer a mix of colours.
5) Identification — In many countries including India, local law requires that every item of gold jewellery bears a clear stamp indicating its carat age. This identification is often controlled through a hallmarking system.
6) Jeweller’s Reputation — Buying gold is based on trust and you are building a lifelong relationship with the jeweller. Ensure that brand is well established and has proven reliability and authenticity.
The above mentioned tips are the main pointers that will help you to buy gold jewellery online in India. It will not only help you buy gold jewellery, but it will ensure that you buy authentic gold jewellery and not get duped or buy fake gold jewellery.