30 at my 30
As I grew, I gained wisdom. Consequently, I made some rules to help me govern my life. My ‘list of rules’ has constantly been through changes and has evolved to become what it is today.
Following are the ones that I hope will stick with me for the rest of my journey:-
1. Whatever happens, happens either for a good reason or for a good lesson.
2. Do not ever do or think bad of others. Don’t go low to match their standards.
3. Skip all avoidable encounters with the people you have to pretend around.
4. Strong relationships can only be built on the ground of love and appreciation. Complaints and demands will never contribute positively.
5. Do not attach your ego to the use of ‘Sorry’, ‘thank you’ and ‘please’ else you can be at the risk of being ill-behaved.
6. Do not ever enjoy someone’s pain, it’s inhuman.
7. A genuine smile adds beauty and real laughter adds life.
8. People talk about you the same way they talk about others. That’s who they are. Pay attention.
9. One true friend is far better than the million acquaintances.
10. One letter composed from the heart says enough for a lifetime.
11. Sometimes silence is the finest statement.
12. If you can’t do good for someone, at least don’t do bad.
13. Praise with your full heart.
14. Do not wait for big things to be happy about. Small things have enough potential to keep you happy for your entire life.
15. Do not worry about losing relationships. Trust their strength.
16. Be polite to everyone and more polite to the less fortunate.
17. Reciprocate love and ignore hatred.
18. Do not ever let your innocence and inner child die.
19. Say “I love you” often. It’s magical.
20. If you have everything but your health you will not enjoy anything.
21. Dodge monetary exchanges within relationships, they can make them sour in future.
22. Constantly work on improving yourself. Don’t die the same person you were born. Grow.
23. Travel is more than just visiting attractions.
24. People can be good or bad irrespective of their colour, gender, sexuality, language, weight and attire.
25. Real bonds do not force change but still, contribute to your growth.They are no-brainer.
26. Thank God for every little thing, every moment.
27.Even the most beautiful outfit or footwear must be comfortable to be able to add to your charm.
28. Maturity has nothing to do with age.
29. Never discount your self-respect for anything.
30. Invest your soul when you fall in love.