Why Managed Hosting Is The Best Option For Your WordPress Website?
As the name suggests, Managed WordPress Hosting is designed and specialized for WordPress websites exclusively. Several web hosting providers have chosen to specialize in WordPress hosting due to the increasing popularity of it. Everything is Managed, you don’t have to get your hands dirty!
Managed hosting is usually an extension of dedicated hosting. The required hardware is owned by the hosting provider and is leased to a single client. It differs from other forms of dedicated hosting the day-to-day management and maintenance of the servers is handled by the hosting provider rather than by the clients themselves.
Their technical teams are trained to manage WordPress servers, and the best part is, these teams know the in’s and out’s of WordPress blogs. So when you are talking to their customer support for any issues, you will be getting an instant solution.
WHY DO YOU NEED MANAGED HOSTING FOR WORDPRESS?
1. Makes Your Work Easy — Managed WordPress Hosting providers will make sure that the critical WordPress platform updates, plugin updates, and other site-specific updates are immediately installed as soon as they are made available.
They also handle speed optimization and backups, as well as some other tools that are meant to enhance your experience when using WordPress.
2. Support: These hosting providers also provide you with amazing customer support. With Managed WordPress Hosting you will be able to contact someone who understands the platform really well and will be able to provide you with the help you are seeking in an efficient and effective way.
3. Backups: If something goes wrong with your WordPress website. Let’s say your site gets hacked or the database crashes or everything on the site somehow gets lost. A normal hosting service won’t be able to help you.
There’s a very high chance that you will lose everything.
That’s exactly why we have stressed the importance of Backups and how to restore a backup if a Plugin causes your website to crash on our previous post on How To Restore WordPress Website Backup After A Broken Plugin Update.
4. Server Monitoring & Configuration: This is the process of scanning the servers in search of any irregularities or potential failures. When done at the right intervals of time, these problems can be rectified before they develop into major issues.
5. Security: Usually Managed WordPress Hosting includes virus scanning, spam filtering, firewall configuration and operating system updates in addition to standard physical data center security measures.
You are practically hacker-proof when you go with a managed WordPress hosting provider. They have a very tight security layer that actively scans for malware and blocks all hacking attempts.
What Happens When You Choose Shared Hosting?
- You need to do updates manually with most hosts.
- Backups and speed optimizations only available through third-party plugins.
- General security mechanisms are available, for extra security you will have to use third party plugins.
- No additional database optimization is available with shared hosting.
- You’re usually limited to a set number of visits. Your website can go offline for a while if you go over it.