- Ledger Nano S hardware with the latest firmware installed.
- Ledger Live app ready to use.
- NIX-Electrum installed on your computer.
Install the NIX App on your device
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your Ledger Nano S.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device by pressing the right button.
- Find Bitcoin in the app catalog.
- Click the install button of the app.
- Repeat steps 4 & 5 for NIX.
Set up NIX-Electrum
- On the screen “How do you want to connect to a server?” please select “Auto Connect”.
- On the next screen, pick a name for a new wallet or keep the default name default_wallet.
- Then choose Standard Wallet.
- In the Keystore dialogue, pick “Use A Hardware Device”.
- Choose your Ledger from the list
- The derivation path listed in the Derivation dialogue should set to legacy. Advanced users can tweak this according to their needs.
- After you have clicked “Next”, NIX-Electrum will synchronise your account.
- Through the send tab, create your transaction on NIX-Electrum (default fee: 100 sat/byte).
Tip; if you can’t see the box for entering a fee, go to Tools>Preferences>Fees and enable “Edit fees manually”
- Verify the send address and amount through your Ledger device.
- Send your NIX by confirming the transaction through your Ledger device.
- Click on the receive tab on your NIX-Electrum app.
- Verify the address displayed on NIX-Electrum through your ledger device.
Troubleshooting & Support
- Join the NIX community discord for help.