- It used to be that high-school students could read Chaucer, in the original, by the 12th grade; Henry James by 10th or 11th. Shakespeare much earlier. What happened?
- Literacy is the mitochondria of the soul.
- The English language will soon die, simultaneously, of over and under use.
- Genius makes metaphors, but metaphors do not make a genius.
- Wittgenstein talks about language games, because games require practice.
- The soul is a dancer, but what are you?
- Free speech is under threat from the left and right. This does not mean the center cares.