Calling All Brilliant Media Planners…
North is hiring and we’d love to hear from you.
Do you dream in digital? Flourish at the intersection of creative, media and culture? North is looking for a Media Planner with 1–2 years hands on planning experience. Please submit your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Planner Role
The North Media Planner helps bring creative to life through thoughtful channel plans and helps clients realize success beyond their budgets.
The Media Planner reports to the Director of Media Strategy and must possess a broad range of channel planning experience with an emphasis in digital. Some traditional channel planning experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related discipline; and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and related experience
- Minimum 1 year experience at the Assistant Planner level and 1–2 years at the Media Planner level, emphasis in digital media
- Deep working knowledge of third-party ad servers/reporting functions (DoubleClick)
- Proficient understanding of third-party ad measurement and traffic tools
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Solid working knowledge of how to integrate media research into the planning process (MRI, comScore, Facebook Audience Insights)
- Working knowledge of social reporting tools and reporting functions
- Comfortable using the world of data to find creative opportunities
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Love of creative culture
- Belief in the power of brands
- Strong communication skills — ability to clearly articulate POVs and collaboratively work within teams
Daily adventures include (but are not limited to):
- Maintenance of assigned accounts (billing issues, budget revisions, flowchart updating, competitive analyses, post buy analyses, etc.)
- Research, strategy, planning, presentation of channel plans and full plan execution
- Planning, buying, and negotiation of media (inclusive of desktop, mobile, and other emerging digital platforms; potential for some traditional planning including TV, radio, print and OOH)
- Media authorizations/reconciliation review
- Helping to guide junior staff on campaign execution
- Working with creative teams and production teams to manage deliverables
- Crafting post campaign reports/decks
- Developing and fostering strong relationships with vendors and clients
- Staying apprised of industry standards, new media programs/trends, and competitive landscape