How To Resolve The Internet Connectivity Issue Caused By The Norton Firewall
When surfing on the net, the most common issue that you can come across is the internet connectivity issue. There could be a wide number of issues for having internet connectivity issue. If you are facing connectivity issue, then there could be a technical glitch from your ISP or it may be the Firewall of your computer, which is creating issues in the internet connection. If you want to get rid of the internet connectivity issue, then you will have to get to the root cause of the problem. If your internet is working, and almost all the websites are opening properly, except for a couple ones, then there is a firewall issue. So, let us find out how you can rectify it.
Here are the steps to turn off the firewall on your computer:
- You have to open your Norton antivirus free download product.
- Now, click on the settings option.
- Under the settings option, there will be an option named ‘detailed settings’, which you have to open and then, select ‘Firewall’.
- Check out the ‘General settings’ and turn the slider of the ‘Smart Firewall’ off.
- Now, check the website(s), which you were not able to open previously. If those are working, then the problem is resolved.
- In order to turn the ‘Smart Firewall’ on, you have to repeat above-mentioned steps.
If the website is only working after turning the firewall off, then you need to follow these steps:
- Open your Norton 360 support product and click on ‘settings’.
- Click on ‘detailed settings’ followed by ‘Firewall’.
- Under ‘General settings’ tab, you have to click ‘reset’ option and then, click ‘Yes’ to confirm the reset.
- Click ‘Apply’ to complete the reset process.
If disabling the firewall is not letting you connecting to the internet, then you need to follow these steps:
Step 1: Uninstall your Norton Antivirus
- Open the control panel in your Windows PC.
- Once the control panel is opened, you have to click or ‘Programs and Features’ option.
- The list of all the installed programs will appear there, so you have to click on ‘Norton antivirus’ and then, click ‘uninstall’.
- After uninstalling the Norton antivirus, your computer will prompt for a restart, so you need to restart your PC to ensure that the Norton antivirus is uninstalled successfully.
- You can also take the help of Norton technical support to report this problem of not being able to open certain websites despite turning off the firewall. Go to www help Norton com to discuss the problem you’re facing.
Step 2: Reinstall your Norton Product
- I would recommend that you should download a fresh copy of Norton antivirus product. You can go to Norton com setup for more details on how to setup the software program.
- Once the software program is downloaded, then you have to follow the instructions that come along with the product to install the product in the right way.
If you are not able to access the websites, then here is one more thing that you can do:
Step 3: Run the Norton AutoFix Tool
- On your PC, launch the Norton antivirus program.
- Click on ‘help’ tab that appears on the top right corner of the Norton antivirus window. Then, click on ‘Get support’.
- Norton AutoFix tool will check and fix the issues on its own.
Step 4: Reset the Firewall Settings
- Launch Norton antivirus program on your PC.
- Go to ‘settings’, then ‘detailed settings’ and finally, ‘Firewall’.
- Click on ‘Reset’ option under ‘general settings’ tab.
- Click yes on the confirmation window followed by ‘apply’.
This will surely make those websites work, but in case it didn’t, then you have no other option but to take the help of Norton technical support. You can find more information about them by going onto their website.