Let’s eliminate the suspects:
1. Are you including the time to dispatch the DiffResult too?
2. Are your both lists sorted beforehand? If yes, are they sorted by the same constraint?
3. Is movement detection off?
- Don’t include time it takes RecyclerView.Adapter to consume the DiffResult.
2. Difference algorithm is faster when both lists are sorted by same constraint, before they are passed for calculation.
3. Documentation says that movement detection will significantly impact the performance.
Maybe someone from Google guys will give more insights on this. cc: Ian Lake