Udaipur is one of the best places and most sought after destination for weddings in India. Royal palaces of Udaipur can be rented for wedding ceremony and reception dinner while accommodation and remaining ceremonies can be arranged at other hotels.
The total cost of a destination wedding in Udaipur varies between Rs. 35 lakhs to Rs. 2.5 crore. Final cost depends upon time of the year, guest count and your preferences for wedding decor.
Have Queries? Contact Us for free quotes and consultation.
Cost of destination weddings at popular venues in Udaipur (Updated for 2020–2021)
- The Oberoi Udaivilas: There are 87 rooms and 5 suites in this luxury hotel. Therefore, a 2 day wedding with 200 guests is likely to cost Rs. 90 lakhs to Rs. 2.5 crore. If you have more guests they can be accommodated at Trident hotel.
- Shouryagarh: Destination weddings at Shouryagarh Resort & Spa costs around Rs. 35 lakhs. It is a beautiful property with big lawns.
- City Palace of Udaipur: The city palace has witnessed royal weddings in past and same wedding venues within palace are available for you. It will cost around Rs. 1.5 crore to organise a wedding at this palace.
- Jagmandir Island Palace: This famous island palace can be rented for wedding ceremony and reception. If you choose Jagmandir as a wedding venue the total cost of your wedding could be Rs. 90 lakhs to Rs. 1.5 crore.
- Fatehgarh Palace: A wedding at Fatehgarh Palace, Udaipur usually costs around Rs. 55 lakhs. This magnificent property offers magical views of Fatehsagar lake and Aravali mountains.
- Radisson Blu, Udaipur — A destination wedding at Radisson Blu, Udaipur costs around Rs. 60 lakhs. Radisson Blu is a preferred venue for big weddings in Udaipur.
- Ramada Resort & Spa: This resort has 76 rooms, swimming pool and gardens. A 2 day wedding with 200 guests is like to cost around Rs. 50 lakhs.
- The Leela Palace: The Leela is situated on the bank of Lake Pichola. A wedding at this luxury hotel may cost Rs. 90 lakhs to Rs. 2.5 crore.
- The Lalit Laxmi Vilas Palace: Laxmi Vilas hotel is situated near Fatehsagar lake, it has beautifully appointed rooms and lush green gardens. At Rs. 70 lakhs you can host a luxurious wedding here.
- Chunda Palace: It is one of the most popular wedding venues in Udaipur. The cost of a 2 day wedding with 150 guests is approximately Rs. 40 lakhs.
- Labh Garh: It is situated on NH 8 near Udaipur. This property has. large number of rooms and ample space for wedding ceremonies. It will cost you around Rs. 35 lakhs to organise a wedding at Labh Garh.
- Spectrum Resort: It is a popular venue for low budget destination weddings in Udaipur. A wedding at Spectrum resort may cost Rs. 30 lakhs to Rs. 35 lakhs.
See our wedding packages for Udaipur for all popular wedding venues.
Wedding expenses in Udaipur
- Venue Charges
The biggest expense of a destination wedding is that of booking a venue. Since you will be using spaces like lawns and banquet hall for various ceremonies, most hotels will require you to also book accommodation for your guests at their property.
If your budget is Rs. 1.5 crore or more, you can go for top wedding venues like Jagmandir Island Palace, City Palace and Oberoi Udaivilas. The Leela, Laxmi Vilas Palace and Hotel Lakend are perfect choices for a budget of Rs. 70 lakhs. There are many resorts and hotels available for weddings with budget less than Rs. 50 lakhs like Ramada Resort & Spa, Shouryagarh and Labhgarh.
The cost of accommodation and venue is usually around 70% of total wedding cost. If you are getting married during peak season in months on November and December then cost of booking venue will be higher. If you wish to save money, you may choose months of September, October, February or March to get married.
- Guest Management & Event Management
Wedding planners bring a team of trained professionals to manage wedding, so that you and your family can enjoy wedding while they care of all the arrangements. The cost of such services is likely to be Rs. 40–80 thousand.
Guest management team assists your guests during all the wedding ceremonies. They also coordinate transportation activities like airport transfers and local travel.
- Food & Beverages
Catering cost for one day, including the lunch, dinner and high tea is around Rs. 10000–12000 per person at luxury hotels and Rs. 4000–8000 per person at other hotels and resorts. It is recommended to choose an all-inclusive catering package as a la carte is more expensive.
Most wedding venues provide in house catering, in fact most of them do not allow outside caterers. GST is also applicable for all food & beverage items.
- Wedding Decoration
Wedding decoration includes tenting, furniture and floral decoration. The cost of wedding decoration varies widely, it comes to Rs. 6–25 lakhs depending on your requirements. The cost goes up if you need exotic flowers, customised props or special furniture, if there is a possibility of rain during your wedding then waterproofing of tents also cost extra.
Wedding decoration at top venues like Oberoi Udaivilas costs Rs. 16–25 lakhs. At other wedding venues a beautiful setup can be arranged for as low as Rs. 7 lakhs and a fabulous decor setup would cost Rs. 12–15 lakhs.
- Wedding Photography
Wedding photographers are available between Rs. 1.5–2 lakhs in Udaipur, the total price depends on the quality and extra services like drone photography. Your wedding planner can also help you find a good photographer for fair price. You may also choose to hire a well known photographer from Mumbai or Delhi, however, this will cost you between Rs. 2.5–5 lakhs.
Pre Wedding shoots and Wedding video are also important for a lot of couples. Traditional wedding video with one camera is cheaper, but high quality wedding cinematography is costlier and it means that 2 cameramen record the memories of your wedding day in high quality.
Sangeet ceremony is an integral part of Indian weddings, so most wedding planner include sound setup in their packages. There will be some extra cost if you also want LED screen or extra speakers.
There are quite a few options available to you if you want to make special arrangements to entertain your guests. You can ask your wedding planner to arrange Anchor, DJ, folk dancers or Russian dancers. The cost of such services depends on service provider, however experienced wedding planner can suggest you best options that fit your budget.
Transportation for airport transfers and local travel is usually arranged by booking a number of cabs. The per day cost of each cab could be Rs. 3500–7000. Cost will be high if you wish to book a vintage car or a high end car for baarat.
- Special Requirements
If you have special requirements like elephants, vintage cars, special cutlery, or imported flowers, it can be arranged with additional price.
There are few more expenses like gift hampers, pooja samagri, sign boards, and hashtags, all of these can be arranged at your request.