Top 5 Tips for Living with Cystic Fibrosis
Cystic fibrosis, also known as CF, is a very serious genetic disorder that targets the mucus-secreting glands, namely lungs and digestive organs, and can be fatal if not treated properly. Generally, cystic fibrosis symptoms vary, depending on the severity of the disease. However, some of the common symptoms may include, wheezing, breathlessness, repeated lung infections, foul-smelling stools, low bone density among many others. In addition, people with cystic fibrosis also have a higher level of salt in their sweat than normal level.
While there is no permanent cure for cystic fibrosis yet, there are certain things you can do for reducing its severity and frequency. Read on to find out five tips for living with cystic fibrosis.
1. Balanced diet- If your child is suffering from cystic fibrosis, make sure your kid eats a balanced diet. In addition to being well-balanced, the diet should also be much higher in calories and fat than a normal diet.
2. Workout plan- It goes without saying, that exercise is good for the overall health. Creating a workout plan and doing exercise will significantly help in reducing the severity of cystic fibrosis. Moreover, it will also help in loosening the mucus in the airways.
3. Support- When it comes to cystic fibrosis, it is best that your child gets involved with the support groups. Besides, support groups help your kid to connect with other cystic fibrosis patients who have faced similar symptoms and experiences.
4. Knowledge- Make sure you ask, watch and read everything about cystic fibrosis as much as you can. Moreover, you should also take notes, and try to learn various techniques and treatment options for cystic fibrosis.
5. Physical therapy- There are a number of special therapies that help in loosening the mucus in the lungs, thus enabling your kid to cough up all the mucus.
While these were some of the tips and tricks for living with cystic fibrosis, there are many others, such as planning, establishing a routine, avoiding illness among many others. However, if your child has any of the cystic fibrosis symptoms, make sure you visit your doctor. Want to learn more about cystic fibrosis? Well, then make sure you visit Nutrition4kids. They are a learning center and offer a broad range of articles and blogs on various medical conditions written by highly qualified medical professionals. In addition, they also provide info and community for those passionate about feeding their kids well. You can visit their website at nutrition4kids.com.
Like this post, please also read Countering Gluten-free Disease
Originally published at nutritions4kids.blogspot.com on May 1, 2017.