8 Qualities of a Great Manager (via Google)
Taken as is from the Prasad Setty’s presentation about HR at Google.
- Be a good coach
- Empower the team and do not micromanage
- Express interest / concern for team member’s success and personal well-being
- Be very productive / result oriented
- Be a good communicator — listen and share information
- Help team with career development
- Have a clear vision / strategy for the team
- Have important technical skills that help advise the team
Actually the list is taken from John’s blog, but it’s so good that I decided to share it here and have it in a safe place for future reference.