Get Outdoors Week is a national campaign that encourages Kiwis to get out and explore the great outdoors, safely. It’s the perfect opportunity to take the family on a local adventure and explore the natural wonders that Aotearoa has to offer. There’s no limit on how you can get involved, whether it’s a short bush walk with the kids, a swim in the ocean or a challenging backcountry adventure!
New Zealand Mountain Safety Council Chief Executive Mike Daisley says “Get Outdoors Week is the perfect opportunity to turn your ideas into reality, if you’ve been thinking about getting the family off the couch and into adventure mode then this is the week to make that happen. We’d love to see families sharing those adventures on social media, there are so many benefits to getting out and creating memories in the outdoors.”
Mr Daisley adds “no matter the scale of your adventure Get Outdoors Week is also about encouraging quality planning and preparation. It’s the ideal time to check your equipment and refresh some knowledge. We’ve got heaps of fantastic resources to help you do that easily and effectively.”
There are heaps of opportunities for you to take part.
By simply getting outdoors and sharing your adventure on social media you’ll be part of the action.
- Share your adventures on social media using #GOWeekNZ — you could win spot prizes!
- Take part in an organised Get Outdoors Week or partner event — find them all here — we’ll be adding more as the week approaches
- Host a Get Outdoors Week event — contact us to make it happen!
- Grab one of our child-friendly resources and incorporate it into a local bush walk (don’t forget to share on social media!)
- And heaps more — follow the action online to stay up to date as more opportunities are added
For more information, free tools and resources to help you plan and prepare for an awesome adventure head to www.goweek.org.nz.
Get Outdoors Week is led by the New Zealand Mountain Safety Council in collaboration with New Zealand’s leading recreation, tourism and safety organisations.
For more information on Get Outdoors Week please contact: email@example.com