I was asked by a couple of my friends in digital marketing space how to deploy on Netlify.
Most beginners' digital marketers are looking for an easy way to deploy their static landing pages without the extra cost of Webhosting and Domain name.
They run on a very thin budget and as such can’t afford domain and hosting.
Netlify is a platform that hosts your static websites in a few clicks. The platform offers unlimited free hosting and domain for your personal projects.
The following are steps for deploying your site:
- Create a Netlify account using email and verify your email.
2. Log in to your account
3. Locate the folder containing your project on your computer, drag and drop on the dotted area in the picture above.
4. Your static website has been uploaded successfully
5. You can change the Netlify link by clicking on the site settings. Click on the change site name button.
6. Change the Site name, click on save and viola! you have your static website life on the internet.
7. Visit your website using the link under your setting i.e http://sitename.netlify.com, in my case https://dope-site.netlify.com/
Netlify also offers you a free HTTPS certificate.
Now is the time to deploy all your personal projects so the world can see!