Masari Update #11

Masari
Masari
Aug 22 · 5 min read

Authored by SatoriNakamoto and JeuTheidit

Masari getting the attention of Trump?! Must be from all the recent news — Further development and direction for the project, the introduction of Boomcast, an introduction video production release, a new betting website, and the revival of MasariPay encompass this update.


Development

If you missed the last Masari project update, the infamous spending issue was fixed, Stex and SouthXchange are back up and running, the GUI has been updated, camthegeek has completely re-designed the official website, and a new Hetzner server has been set up to host the web wallet and block explorer under new domains.

Now with most of the wallet bugs squashed and web wallet running smoothly, the Android app has been updated with Google Play just around the corner. Installing and testing on the v1.2.0 beta release is welcome! When this is completed, development of the bigger project items can continue.

Regarding the direction of the project, thaer stated:

Simple Private Tokens (SPTs) would feature the ability to issue private digital assets in the network easily by the end user, with any computational logic using interchangeable off-chain architecture. To put it in layman’s terms, SPT is a network-native token service that allows the normal end user to create a token that they can do with as they wish — trade on an exchange, treat it as a security or share in a company, partial ownership of assets, and more. The possibilities are endless! It would be void of any on-chain smart contracts (i.e. all of that would be off-chain with multisig) to keep the network as simple, secure, scalable, and single-purpose as possible.

SPT isn’t yet at the possible stage yet, but it seems to be feasible at this point. It’s extremely math and cryptography heavy, and we’ll likely need to pay for a cryptography audit. If it works, this will be another crypto-space first coming from the Masari project, and combined with blocktree will result in a scalable currency that can handle this type of environment over the long term.


Boomcast

A new podcast series dubbed Boomcast has been started by BazookaJeff. The first episode features an interview with thaer.

Like and subscribe to Bazooka Jeff on YouTube to get notifications about future episode releases!


Introduction to Masari

The animated video project has been fully funded by the community and Johnny Gonzo, xiaomogwai, and Keez have released the production!

Definitely a more conservative and family friendly vibe from our Emperor of Memes, xiaomogwai.

In addition to the introduction video, the Masari introduction Medium article has been updated as well. It is meant to be a write up for new users to learn quickly what Masari is all about and how to start getting involved. Go check it out and let us know how to improve it!


Masari Betting Game

Changing gears a little bit, thanks to OhGodAMochi101 you can now play the numbers on masari.win! This is a game that is based on the results of the Masari blockchain itself, so it’s easily provable using third party resources.

Bet any amount between 1 and 30 MSR (limit can be raised if there is interest) and choose up to 15 characters to guess what the last digit of the next block’s hash will be. The probability of winning and the payout amount are determined by how many characters you choose. Selecting all 15 characters will give you a 93.75% chance to win 1.01 times your bet, while choosing only 1 character will give you a 6.25% chance to win 15.2 times your bet.


MasariPay

Thanks to Dubz and flyguyry_2.0, MasariPay has come back from the dead! Come join the fun in Discord and try your luck with the weekly raffle!

General reminder from the last encounter — Do not use the tip bot for storing large amounts. Only keep what you are willing to lose and use for fun. That said, wallet backups are now completed on a regular basis if the server ever goes down.


Community Meetings

Community meetings occur on Saturdays of even numbered weeks at 15:00 UTC in the #meeting-table discord channel. Come join us to talk future development, funding, marketing, how you can help, or anything else that tickles your fancy!

Previous meeting recaps:

The next scheduled meeting is on August 24th.


Funding

Seeking community approval:

No proposals currently require funding.

Recently completed:


Social

Discord: 2702 members (+42 from update #10)

Official Twitter: 1843 followers (+20)

Engagement Twitter: 43 followers (+22)

Reddit: 1,177 subs (-5)

Telegram: 696 members (-27)

Forks: 58 (core) | 89 (webwallet)


That’s all for this edition of the community update, see you next time and keep on rockin’ in the FOSS world.

Welcome to a place where words matter. On Medium, smart voices and original ideas take center stage - with no ads in sight. Watch
Follow all the topics you care about, and we’ll deliver the best stories for you to your homepage and inbox. Explore
Get unlimited access to the best stories on Medium — and support writers while you’re at it. Just $5/month. Upgrade