SECOR Fork Prep
Uncle mining, bulletproofs, and the next generation of CN-Fast are all bundled up into this release at block #363,000. Here is the necessary information for holders, miners, and pool operators.
Holders — If you
- Use the core team produced web or mobile wallet, this update requires no action on your part.
- Use a GUI or CLI, you will need to update your wallet. If you have an outdated daemon (masarid) post fork height you will be on a different chain. The appropriate release is titled Dandy Dromedary v0.3.0.0 and is available on GitHub at:
- Use a third party wallet you will need to refer to the wallet operator’s instruction.
- Are masochistic and keep your MSR on exchanges, you do not need to action anything…but you should re-evaluate this practice.
This is a list of known SECOR compatible miners:
- XMRig v2.9.4: https://github.com/xmrig/xmrig/releases/tag/v2.9.4
(will auto-switch to CN-Fast 2)
- SRB Miner v1.7.7: https://www.srbminer.com/download.html
(will not auto-switch)
- XMR Stak: https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases
Unknown details about the release, but it is anticipated Masari will be integrated according to this issue log.
If you are looking to keep the network as decentralized as possible post fork, reference a Masari pool list or join Discord and speak directly to active pool operators.
Gnock posted this message for pool operators in the Masari Discord:
The cryptonote-util has been updated and tested on testnet.masaricoin.com, it includes the modifications required for the SECOR protocol upgrade (https://github.com/masari-project/node-cryptonote-util branch MSR).
Regarding the PoW verification, the upstream repo we are based on already has a working system (https://github.com/MoneroOcean/node-cryptonight-hashing/) if you use as code
if(convertedBlob > 7)//version 8, secor upgrade
return multiHashing.cryptonight(convertedBlob, 9);
else if(convertedBlob > 6)
return multiHashing.cryptonight(convertedBlob, 4);
We are going to rebase but if you want to start the work, everything is there. We are available if you have more questions (thaer, cc or myself)