This article will explain to you the basic things you need to know about Google Form in “Simple English”.If you are a Pro at this already, Sincerely you don’t need to read this except you want to get some facts about Google Form, else all you need to do is share this article to people you think needs it either presently or for future purpose.
In this article you will get to know the following:
· What is Google Form
· Advantages of Google Form
· Accessing Google form
· Learning how to create a Google form
Day by Day, the world is growing digital and many businesses have started discovering the hidden treasures in digital marketing of which Google Form could be very much beneficial for any business by allowing them to create forms for Online polls and surveys so as to connect with customers and gauge insight on customer satisfaction. There are many more advantages to making use of the Google form of which you would know about in this article.
But before we proceed, what is Google form?
According to Wikipedia, Google Forms is a tool that allows collecting information from users via a personalized survey or quiz. The information is then collected and automatically connected to a spreadsheet.🤨
In a more simple term, Google form is a web-based app used to create a form for a collection of information (any form of information, it could be text, images, e.t.c.) from users. Students and teachers use Google form to make surveys, quizzes, or event registration sheets. This form can be shared with respondents by sending a link, sending links via social media platforms, emailing a message, or embedding it into a web page or blog post😁.
Google form allows you to plan events, ask questions to your employees or clients and collect the diverse types of information in a simple and efficient way.
Advantages of Google Form
🙄There are so many advantages of Google form of which I would be highlighting below a few important points you need to know:
· It is a free online tool that allows you to collect information easily and efficiently.
· The forms are integrated with Google spreadsheets therefore we can have access to a spreadsheet view of the collected data.
· We can send the form by email, integrate it into our website or send the link via social networks or any other means.
· With this tool, you can get unlimited questions and answers at no cost, while other survey tools require a payment depending on the number of questions and recipients.
· The interface is very easy to use. Any user with an average Internet knowledge can create forms using this tool easily.
· It facilitates your interaction with your customers, business partners, organization members, e.t.c.
· It could be used in schools for a quiz, exams, questionnaires, and e.t.c.
These are just a few advantages of Google form, as you make use of it daily you would discover some other advantages of this Tool.
Accessing Google form
· To access this web-based app or tool you would need internet access since it is based on the web.
· To also access this tool you need to have a Google account, the same one you make use of to access Gmail, YouTube or Google Drive.
· And most importantly you need a device that can access the internet; it could be a mobile device, a personal computer, and e.t.c.
Various types of questions to be asked via Google Form
Google Forms allows you to ask both open-ended and closed-ended questions. You can use drop-down menus, multiple-choice, checklists, rating scales, and short answers text boxes to gather data. Below are the types of questions you can use in a Google Form:
- Paragraph Text
- Multiple Choice
- Choose from a list
Don’t get confused; what are open-ended and closed-ended questions?😏
Simply, Closed-ended questions are those which can be answered by a simple “yes” or “no,” while open-ended questions are those which require more thought and more than a simple one-word answer.
With Google form, you can make some questions input fields’ compulsory for users to fill or not, by setting such a question to required.
Learning how to create a Google form
With all the information you have read above about Google form, you might be thinking of how to get started, cool, you don’t have to panic trying to get where you could easily learn this. I have put up some free videos on how to create Google forms from scratch🎉.
Here is the link🧀 to the playlist that contains all you need to know about building Google Forms. With time more and more videos will be released. Endeavor you subscribe so as to get a notification when my next video is out.📹
Another benefit of Google form to developers is their ability to integrate Google form to your HTML code easily by just pasting the generated code wherever you want it to appear on your web page🎉.
Isn’t that cool? Endeavor you check out Google form today😊
Thanks for reading! If you enjoyed this article, please click the 👏 button and share it to help others find it! Feel free to leave a comment below😎.
Have feedback? Let’s connect on Twitter.