The 2017 Reading Challenge
I started the year with a promise to myself to start reading a book per week. I started, albeit late.
I decided to make medium my witness, because failing publicly is so not my thing.
The summary of every book read will be posted here every week, I want to be able to check my medium post at the end of the year and be proud of myself.
Here’s a list of the ones I’ve read so far, enjoy…
- Animal farm by George Orwell — I decided to explore my childhood and the books I read while growing up when I decided to read this book again. So many years after its publication, this book never fails to aptly define human nature (call me weird but I kinda dislike pigs now coupled with the fact that I watched Angry Birds at about the same time).
- The secret lives of baba Segi’s wives by Lola Shoneyin — Humorous. The book is actually about the secret lives of a Nigerian polygamist’s four wives. I will explore more of African literature this year.
- 1984 by George Orwell — this book left me depressed.
- By the Pricking of my thumb by Agatha Christie — this by far is the worst book I’ve ever read!
- A murder is announced by Agatha Christie
- The case of the perfect maid by Agatha Christie — I’m guessing by now you know how much I love Agatha Christie’s stories, I can’t really start naming how many of her books I’ve read, they are a lot!
- I am currently reading who moved my cheese by Spencer Johnson.
Here’s to an all round book nerdy year!
Can you blame me?? Being bookish is the new cool