Left-wing Violence is on the Rise — nineteen examples for the uninitiated
Over the last year, the mainstream media has worked hard to craft a narrative warning our nation about the dangers of right-wing political violence.
Since that narrative rarely featured examples of left-wing violence, and it’s simply impossible that they intentionally pushed a biased narrative, I combed through a long list of incidents and summarized these nineteen examples to help them round out their coverage:
- young white, mentally ill male kidnapped, beaten, tortured, forced to drink toilet water, and threatened with death, as his kidnappers insist that he denounce Trump and white people; his kidnappers live-streamed their racist hate crime on Facebook: http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/crime/227116738-story / Video links, not for the faint of heart: https://sendvid.com/yxzjk1rp & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTKFnQBd5I
- 69 year old woman left with bloody head wound after 27 year old man brutally beats her with a chair for supporting Trump, tolerant leftist charged with attempted homicide: http://www.observer-reporter.com/20161201/election_argument_ends_with_assault_donora_police_say
- 15 year-old punched and kicked by several classmates for wearing MAGA hat, punched, thrown to the ground and kicked, charges filed: http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/maryland/student-attacked-for-wearing-trump-hat-at-anti-trump-protest-parent-says/352788338
- man beaten by multiple assailants who accuse him of voting Trump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ4_zVa2Uw4 (his description: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHWNV-6urmU)
- hispanic man chased and beaten by a mob for wearing MAGA hat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRSrH5SxADk
- elementary student beaten by classmates, left in crutches for voting Trump in mock election: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IIYjMEbYHc
- Trump supporter shot during political argument: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/27/paul-jones-trump-supporter-shot-at-cleveland-bar-d/
- high school girl being beaten by another student for posting pro-Trump Instagram comment, as classmates cheer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgHt0s2UQHQ
- teen chased by mob, tackled, hit multiple times for supporting Trump at a rally; two arrested: — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTrYhrHsG-s
- man sucker punched, knocked to ground for supporting Trump at a rally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlF1B1KeWJI
- man struck with object from behind ends up bleeding, because he supported Trump at a rally: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmBXNE8gZvI
- anti-police rioters kicking a homeless man for being white near anti-police riot, all cheer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4tdiYJNLNI
- anti-police protestors beat reporter unconscious, then try to drag him into a fire, because they’re mad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SoY62-ipkfk
- man left bloody for attending a Trump rally, as protestors violently confront people; throwing rocks at their cars, etc, in Costa Mesa; 17 arrests from the riot: https://youtu.be/8K1wEgDdO64
- two men beat Trump supporter for holding sign, police intervene to save him: http://fox61.com/2016/11/12/meriden-officer-stops-assault-on-man-with-trump-sign-2-arrested/
- 62 year old man beaten with crowbar for wearing Trump shirt, in front of witnesses: http://www.nj.com/essex/index.ssf/2016/08/man_attacked_by_stranger_who_questioned_his_trump.html
- mob of anti-police rioters attacking a young white man, cheering as they beat, drag and strip him: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yYARGFKbM
- high school student beaten into critical condition for posting BlueLivesMatter on Facebook. Police arrest four men who previously attended his High School: http://www.al.com/news/anniston-gadsden/index.ssf/2016/10/sylacauga_police_arrest_4_in_c.html
- high school senior beaten by mob for wearing American flag hat at UW Milo Yiannopoulos event, drenched with paint, dragged into crowd of “peaceful protestors”: https://youtu.be/RCRCTIYHC8w
If extrajudicial violence is to be the new norm, just how does one determine exactly which law-abiding citizens are evil enough to warrant a violent assault? How does one gauge the amount of violence they deserve? What rules ought we follow prior to depriving another person of their basic human rights?
When you refuse to condemn violence, you normalize it.
Can we at least unite around that most foundational pillar of civilized society — that extrajudicial, politically motivated violence is utterly unacceptable, no matter its origin?
I shudder to think of what is coming, for all of us, if we don’t stop it right now.