20 Life Lessons that I Picked Up This Year
Turning one year older at the end of the year grants me the privilege to reflect my life and write down 20 life lessons that I picked up along the journey.
1. Bloom at where you are planted. Do not complain for not having the best of everything; make the best out of everything.
2. Be constantly aware of your words, mind, emotion and focus; keep them under your control.
3. Money is one of the most important aspects of life; amongst all other important aspects, money is apparently the least important.
4. Life is a journey, not a race. In a race, you finish it first and alone; in a journey, you do all you can to ensure that your friends finish the journey together.
5. Ask, and you shall be received. If what you asked have not received, it is either you have asked with a wrong reason, or a better plan lies ahead, either way, be thankful for not answering your prayer.
6. Life is a roller coaster; it is more enjoyable to ride with the one you love.
7. It is my ambition to lead a quiet life.
8. Gratitude is the greatest attitude.
9. Books are the best investment, but some books are poisons, be selective and careful with your investment.
10. If I stop moving, learning and loving, I start dying physically, intellectually and spiritually.
11. Understand and embrace that good times and bad times are seasons of life, they come and go, and the cycle repeats no matter what you do.
12. Life is short; waste no time in doing things that bring no value to life.
13. Life is long; slow down, enjoy and don’t rush into things.
14. Endure hardship with joy.
15. It is easy to change; it is difficult to be consistent.
16. Be temperate in your actions and decisions, it is the key to walk far and long.
17. Learn to be contended in every situation.
18. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.
19. It is more blessed to give than to receive.
20. It is all right to be confused, and sometimes fearful in life, turn off the noises from the world, and listen to the gentle, familiar voice speaking to your heart, find strength and rest from God.