(PHILADELPHIA, PA) — This is the WURD National Black Voter Average (NBVA) for the week of January 28 — February 2, 2018
THIS WEEK’S HIGHLIGHTS:
- On average, 10.2% of Black voters nationally approve of President Trump (a 0.9 point increase or 9.7% rise since the 1.25.18 NBVA)
- President Trump’s favorability rating among Black voters is, on average, 9% (a 1 point increase or 12.5% rise since the 1.25.18 NBVA)
- On average, 70% of Black voters would vote for Democrats in the 2018 Congressional midterm if the election were held today (a 7 point decrease or 9% drop since the 1.25.18 NBVA)
- On average, 7.9% of Black voters surveyed claim they are not voting in the 2018 Congressional midterm — compared to 6.7% of voters nationally (a 0.5 point decrease or 6% drop since the 1.25.18 NBVA)
- On average, 8.3% of Black voters support the new tax reform law
- And only 11.1% of Black voters nationally, on average, feel the country is going in the right direction (0.9 point decrease or 7.5% drop since the 1.25.18 NBVA)
The weekly NBVA is an analysis conducted by WURD Radio (96.1FM |900AM |WURDRadio.com |WURDApp), the only African American owned and operated talk radio station in Pennsylvania, and one of a few in the country.
The “average” is an aggregation current Black voter samples from various national polls released weekly by a number of media, research and academic institutions. These average samples are also compared against popular public/voter averages regularly provided by RealClearPolitics.com & FiveThirtyEight.com.
The purpose of the exercise is to offer a glimpse into the views and attitudes of Black voters heading into the 2018 Congressional midterm elections.
Average results will be released on this blog @onWURD and announced on WURD radio during its daily Reality Check broadcast every Monday — Thursday, 4–7pm ET. Information and discussion on the poll will happen @onWURD and at #BlackVotesMatter.
About WURD Radio
WURD (96.1FM | 900AM | wurdradio.com | WURD App) is the only African American owned and operated multimedia talk radio station in Pennsylvania, and one of the few in the country. WURD serves as the heartbeat and pulse of Philadelphia’s Black community by providing information and solutions that educate, uplift and inspire. Since our inception in 2003, we pride ourselves on being a strong voice for the issues that matter. More information on WURD is at http://wurdradio.com or by following @onWURD.