The Mission of OpenAQ
We believe in organizational missions evolving over time. Below is how we define it now. This is how we defined it a year and half ago.
Our mission is to fight air inequality by opening up air quality data and connecting a diverse global, grassroots community of individuals and organizations.
To accomplish this mission, our overall goals are to:
- Build and maintain an open-source project to power an open air quality and meta-data platform.
- Foster the full ecosystem of uses of these open data in multiple sectors (e.g. enabling open-source tools built on top of this system, educational activities, research activities, policy analyses).
- Provide a platform for organizations to share their air quality data openly, use open data best practices, and help search for new data and meta-data sources.
- Connect a global, grassroots community of individuals and organizations invested in open air quality and fighting air inequality through workshops, meetings, online engagement (e.g. GitHub, Slack, Twitter), and other forums.
- Help organizations and individuals find best practices in opening up data and creating new air quality data.
Are you interested in open air quality and fighting air inequality? How can we collaborate? Shoot us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.