Mentor Léo: Week 1/Day 1: HTML
Learn by doing, become a Hero developer
This series is about teaching Léo to become a professional developer from scratch. Léo can be any of you, desiring to learn and grow. Apply here, it will always be free ♥ https://mentorleo.co
Day 1: Build your HTML page
You remember the “Learn by doing” mantra ?
Well, I won’t explain you everything about HTML in this post. Plenty of resources exist already online, I don’t claim to be better. You are encouraged to document yourself online (google is your bff), and if you are a Léo you’ll get help on our slack community.
The rule is: try to do, then use the resources at the end / google, then try again.
Example: “write a heading” => wtf is a title => google “html heading”
- write a basic html layout (html, head with a title, body).
- in the body, write a heading containing your name
- in the body, write a paragraph containing a power description about yourself (1–2 sentences)
- in your description, have a link to the program like “student at mentorleo.co” where mentorleo.co points to the website
- include an image of you / avatar (advice: have the same image on all the platforms so that people recognize you: github, linkedin, twitter, etc)
Concepts to understand
- HTML structure
- head versus body
- nesting tags (wrapping)
- closing tags versus auto-closing tags
- a documentation of HTML elements on http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp
Call to action
Become a Léo ! We are creating a community of motivated Léos helping each other. Apply here, it will always be free ♥ https://mentorleo.co