Mentor Léo: Week 1/Day 2: CSS
Learn by doing, become a Hero developer
This series is about teaching Léo to become a professional developer from scratch. Léo can be any of you, desiring to learn and grow. Apply here, it will always be free ♥ https://mentorleo.co
Day 2: Pimp it up !
Let’s make the page look sexy using CSS ;)
- add a custom background color (or use a background image, it’s up to you, in this case google “css background image” instead of using an image)
- use a custom color to your text and a custom color to your heading
- wrap your content (heading, description and photo) into a div that has a class “intro”. You’ll use this class to apply styling to your whole content.
- make your “intro” class center-aligned (trick: use a display: inline-block to your image to make it behave like a text line and be aligned according to your text alignment in your intro class).
- document yourself on “margin” and “padding”: what are the differences between the two ?
- use either padding or margin for making space between the top of the page and your intro class
Concepts to understand
- CSS structure
- class versus id (good practice: use classes only)
- spacing (margin, padding)
- a documentation of CSS on https://www.w3schools.com/css/
Call to action
Become a Léo ! We are creating a community of motivated Léos helping each other. Apply here, it will always be free ♥ https://mentorleo.co