(Yet another) set of 16 practices for a fulfilled life
This list is work in progress. Your experiences are welcome.
- Constantly revise your own assumptions.
- Don’t get attached to irrelevant details for perfectionist solutions that are hard or (almost) impossible to achieve. Instead find smart workarounds and improve those continuously.
- Don’t experiment with too many things at a time to not exhaust yourself.
- Allow occasional exceptions to the rule.
- Don’t reinvent the wheel. Instead develop further existing solutions.
- Articulate new ideas as they emerge and don’t overthink how to get started.
- Don’t rush. Instead take time and perform activities calmly.
- Take ownership of your actions. Mentally cross out the words “I need to”, “I have to” and “I try to”.
- Accept your feelings and be grateful for any given situation. Everything forms part of your life journey.
- Treat your body well and accept its weaknesses. Eat naturally and frugally, move outside in the sun, and sleep sufficiently.
- Use a calendar to structure your day and repeat activities that you deem important to improve them.
- Multitask with complementary activities while being fully present with complex singular tasks.
- Spend time doing nothing for your body and mind to rest and recover.
- Read books for entertainment and create art for pleasure.
- Simplify your material life and remove comfort and convenience whenever it feels good.
- Create a distraction-free (work) environment and use shortcuts to automate workflows.