- When it comes to storytelling, where do you get your inspiration from?
I’m inspired by inspired by music, love, fear, experiences of those that mean the most to me and my personal experiences.I also fancy the concepts of re-writing reality. Exploring real life situations, with alternate outcomes.
2. What was the inspiration behind your recent film mid matters
Theres a growing awareness of the importance of mental health within our community. Myself and the team felt the urge to contribute to this narrative by telling a story we knew would be relatable across our generation.
3. Tell us about being vulnerable in your work? Do you think there’s a line?
There is a line! Our work is better when feelings and emotions aren’t held back. Always let the heart speak! but keep it under control.We must always consider the social implications of messages, symbolism and characters we create. Never ridicule or cheapen valid experiences of another person/party.
4. What is the toughest challenge you’ve faced so far?
To call one challenge the toughest is difficult. They all carry weight whenever they arrive.I’ve been learning to use fear.The filmmaking process sometimes comes with anxiety that can damage ideas or our relationship with an idea. Learning to understand and channel this feeling in ways that benefit the process is tough, but i think it can really take the mind to special places.
5. What kind of world do you want to see now that your film “Mind Matters” is made? (For clarification) We know that there is a message you as a filmmaker are conveying to your audience, what is that message?
Healing begins with communication. Most of us aren’t socialized to share emotions, it’s tough to even understand that some of these feelings come from real issues that need a different attention.It’d be cool to belong to a community that values meaningful relationships/communication when it comes to matters of the mind. A world where mental health awareness/issues are brought to the forefront of day to day conversations. This way, we can promote deeper understanding of character, and a lot less silent/lost individuals.
6. What would you say is your unique responsibility as a filmmaker?
To understand and be true to myself, and Create from real feeling
Lastly, How can others reach out to you and/or stay informed about your upcoming projects?
The best possible way is to reach me is at uaxstudio.com instagram.com/ua.x