OurPact is Back on iOS!
Apple Has Reinstated OurPact & OurPact Jr. to the iOS App Store.
We’re excited to announce that OurPact and OurPact Jr. are available again for iOS installation!
During a revision to the App Store guidelines, Apple removed all iOS screen time management solutions from the App Store. Yesterday, Apple’s Review Board reinstated our parent and child apps for installation — with no product or feature limitations — confirming OurPact’s adherence to Apple’s strict standards for quality and security.
Offering the very best screen time solution for parents has been our mission for years, with a special focus on iOS. We are so happy to be available again for the iOS families we know need us most!
From the entire OurPact team, we want to thank our community for the outpouring of support throughout this time. Every tweet, comment, share, and mention helped spread the word and ignite important conversations around these removals.
This decision by Apple to reinstate OurPact is huge — not only for OurPact, but for the future of digital parenting. We look forward to developing family screen time management solutions for years to come!
— The OurPact Team
PS. We have some exciting OurPact updates coming soon. Stay tuned!
Q & A: About OurPact’s Reinstatement
I’m signed up for OurPact when it wasn’t on the App Store but I have an iOS device. What does this mean for me?
You can now install our parent app from the iOS App Store, which will make on-the-go management a lot easier! To install OurPact to your iOS device:
- Launch the iOS App Store
- Search for OurPact (or “Parental Control & Kid Tracker”)
- Tap Get
- Open OurPact, once it’s installed
- Sign in with your account details, and enjoy mobile iOS management!
I signed up for an OurPact Plus/Premium subscription through the website. Will I be double charged if I install OurPact for iOS?
No, you will not be double charged.
You can keep your subscription active through OurPact’s website and still have full access to your paid features in the iOS OurPact app.
Just remember: if you ever need to make changes to your account subscription, you’ll need to do so from OurPact’s website.
I haven’t been able to use some Premium features to manage my child’s iOS device (eg. Family Locator). Can I use these features now?
You sure can! To unlock Premium management of your child’s iOS device:
A) You need to be a Premium user.
To confirm or upgrade your subscription status, navigate to the Account page from the menu of your parent app.
B) You need to supervise your child’s iOS with OurPact Utility on a computer.*
If you haven’t done so already, you need to run your child’s iOS device through OurPact Utility to unlock Premium management. To get started, navigate to ut.ourpact.com on a computer.
*To confirm if a child’s iOS device is supervised, check for text above the device’s iOS Settings menu stating the device is ‘supervised and monitored by Eturi.’
C) MDM & OurPact Jr. must be installed on your child’s device.
- Navigate to pair.ourpact.com in Safari to install ‘Mobile Management’ (MDM) to your child’s device.*
- After installing the MDM to the device settings return to the device settings, when prompted, and install OurPact Jr. (OurPact Jr. can also be installed from the Devices list in your parent OurPact menu!)
*If you encounter an MDM Payload Error while trying to install MDM to your child’s device, this is an indication OurPact is already installed on the device. All you need to do is follow step 2 above to install OurPact Jr.
You can double check to see if MDM is installed on your child’s device by going to iOS Settings > General > Device Management / Profiles > OurPact Device System Profile.
For more help with iOS pairing, please check out this article or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does OurPact pose any security or data risk to my child’s device?
Absolutely not. Your child’s device can only be managed from within your parent account, and no sensitive data is collected or shared from child devices.
Since your removal, we switched to Apple Screen Time. What’s the difference between the two solutions?
We’ll have OurPact’s parents answer this question:
‘I love ourpact. It is far superior to the Apple Screen Time Management, and I can block things in an instant, which you really cannot do with the screen time manager.’
‘I LOVE OurPact and have probably referred 30–40 parents to it in the 4–5 years we have used it. It has been a blessing in our house and do not find the Apple feature equivalent.’
‘I’ve tried 4 different tools. Apples screen time is bug ridden & easily out witted by savvy teens. So far, the best has been OurPact.’
‘OurPact is absolutely THE BEST!!! I have tried many other apps and NOTHING comes close providing all the benefits OurPact does — regarding time limits, what apps my children have access to, etc.’
The main differences between OurPact and Apple’s Screen Time are:
- Unlimited Schedule Blocks: You can set as many automated block schedules as you want with OurPact, versus only one ‘Downtime’ with Screen Time.
- Individual App Management: OurPact allows you to set ‘App Rules’ for each app installed on your child’s device; Apple’s Screen Time bundles apps into categories.
- Cross-Platform Management: If you have a mix of iOS and Android devices in your home, it’s no problem with OurPact. It goes without saying, but Apple’s Screen Time only works for iOS-only homes.
- Ease of Use: Simply put, OurPact is easy to set up and use. It offers comprehensive management & insight (app blocking, location monitoring, application install notifications, web filtering…) for all of your family devices, in one easy-to-access app.
To install OurPact to your iOS devices today, search for OurPact in the iOS App Store.