While a new academic year is on the horizon we wanted to take a look back at our impact over the past year and all the amazing achievements our sabbatical officers, staff and most importantly students have contributed to improving the overall experience at the University of Oxford.
Online impact Report: https://tinyurl.com/y6yq7kzn
Plain text version: https://tinyurl.com/y2u5p4nc
Highlights in this year’s Impact Report include:
- Continued work on Oxford SU’s representative role, with training for the course and divisional representatives;
- the approach to student groups being reviewed and revised, resulting in the launch of Oxford SU Projects, Schemes and the re-launch of Oxford SU Campaigns;
- The annual elections, which saw a record-breaking number of votes, with a 21% turnout, with 37.5% of students voting in an election facilitated by the SU website;
- As part of Freshers/welcome activity, the SU delivered training with over 1500 students;
- the first Parents & Carers social event for Oxford Students by Oxford Students;
- the development and launch of the Oxford SU Student Training package, with core training on Chair, Secretary and Treasurer roles;
- the launch of a comprehensive report on the accessibility of college and University libraries;
- Access has been at the heart of Oxford SU’s agenda this year. Work included hosting an access conference, working with the University to set ambitious targets and supporting students with their own access work;
- Over 100 bikes fixed through the bike doctors scheme;
- Veggie Pledge saw 1,660 students, more than 700 more than last year;
- Springtide Community Festival had over 2000 guests;
- Mind Your Head is Oxford SU’s flagship mental health campaign. The SU held an engagement week which reached over 1000 students, hosted a multitude of events and helped shape the University strategy in this area.