Password recovery on computer systems running windows 10 OS.
- First of, you will need to create a windows 10 to go boot disc by burning the OS onto a USB stick. You can also burn the OS onto a CD-ROM.
- Next, Shutdown or restart your computer and immediately it’s start booting up, tap the key that will boot the system into it’s recovery partition (for example in HP it’s F11).
- Once that’s done, a blue screen with multiple options will appear, go to advanced options and the choose the command prompt.
- Change directories to the C: drive and enter the following commands
C:> rename osk.exe osk.old
C:>rename cmd.exe osk.exe
- Now choose the ‘Turn off the computer’ option
- Now turn on the computer and let it boot to the password prompt screen
- click on the icon that will give you the ‘on screen board’ option
- The terminal will open then enter the following commands
C:> net user
C:>net user ‘username’ *
- You’ll then be prompted to enter the new password you want to assign to the computer, do that then exit the terminal.
- Now try entering the newly assigned password and you should be able to access the computer now.
- NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS KNOWLEDGE FOR MALICIOUS REASONS. THIS IS TO HELP PEOPLE THAT GENUINELY HAVE ISSUES ACCESSING THEIR COMPUTERS.