Sony Vaio VPCZ1 CPU Re-pasting And Fan Replacement
- Computer was overheating and shutting down by itself
How I solved the problem:
- I took out all the screws and opened up the computer so I could reach the fan.
- I then unscrewed the fan, opened it up and noticed the vents were clogged with dust.
- I went on to use a can of compressed air to thoroughly clean up the fan.
- Also I used alcohol to clean up the residual thermal paste on the CPU.
- I then applied new thermal paste to CPU and then reconnected the fan to the CPU.
- Finally I put the computer back together, turned it on and everything worked fine.