is “Copy” better than “Dropbox” ?
the storage is bigger, but is it better?
Just found out this really generous free space giving online storage service a few days ago. The name is Copy, its a new contender for online cloud storage, file sync & sharing world.
The opposing party are Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive, iCloud, SugarSync, and the like. Even though still new, Copy already approaching half a million users worldwide (May 15, 2013).
As a Dropbox alternative, it turns out that they offer so much more than the basic 20GB of storage capacity, and its totally free!
The referral system enables us to get dozens of gigabytes more, because it rewards the referrer & the referred both with 5GB bonus space per referral, each time! This is the most awesome part, because until now, there’s no other service that offer storage this big, free of charge. Imagine how many gigabytes you can get?!
For those who still find pretty hard to believe this, yes, you can get hundreds of gigabytes of your very own cloud storage in the “cloud”, free.
You just have to refer people using the referral link after you created your account. Highly recommended to give this one a try.
Without further ado, here’s the invitation for you to get your very own basic 20GB storage:
Fill the form directly (don’t close the pop-up window), Click “Get Started Free”, Check your email, Click confirm, Install the app, Sign in, & Get +5GB bonus space.
Dropbox vs. Copy
For those who loves freebies, you’ll love Copy..
- Dropbox give 2GB of free space, Copy give 20GB
- Dropbox give 500MB of storage space per referrals, Copy give 5GB
- Dropbox restrict the max referral bonus to 16GB, Copy give unlimited referral bonus!! (at least for now)
That’s why its better to sign up & install it before they turn off this offer.
For people who are still not familiar with the term “cloud storage”, imagine having an external hardisk in the cloud, where you just need an internet connection to access / share the files in it from wherever you are, whenever you want..
- Large storage capacity, and even more to be unlocked.
- Referral Program, in possibly the most rewarding referral program in cloud storage history. The average Copy referrer has earned well over 60GB of free storage, with the largest referrers earning space in the 10s of TBs.
- Multiple device compatibility. Copy works across Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux computers and offers mobile device support for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad) and Android, with Windows Mobile coming soon.
- Save any kind of file online. Data can also be sorted into folders and sub-folders.You can view details of various files and share them with others.
- Fair Storage For all. Instead of counting data in shared folders against all members’ individual storage quotas so everyone pays for the same data over and over, Copy allows users to “split the bill” and control which files count against their storage capacity.
- Easy file sharing without limits. Copy allows users to upload and share files of any size, including 1080p videos and raw photographs, without size limitations often found in email attachments. These shared files and folders can be sent to anyone either publicly or privately and accessed from any location or device.
- Company control. Copy extends its cloud storage and sharing benefits into corporate environments with user and group management and added controls for proprietary company data.
- Simple & User friendly design.
- More security — Your data is also safely stored, and backed up automatically. They have pretty secure security system. Here’s what they said:
Because Copy is the product of network security and backup giant Barracuda, your files are stored on servers we control and manage, not with a 3rd party like most cloud storage services.
For increased security, your data is protected by multiple layers of encryption, including top-secret grade AES 256, both during transfer and while at rest on Barracuda’s enterprise-class cloud storage.
And with advanced features like secure sharing, source validation, and identity verification, you can breathe easy knowing your content can only be seen by the people you want.
Your privacy and data security is our priority.
- It doesn’t sync well. This is very clear if you are using Dropbox or Google Drive, and at the same time use Copy as well. And you are syncing some few gigabytes of data. For example, if you delete a folder in your Copy folder on your computer, tomorrow you will see that folder again, but the difference is the majority of the files inside it is gone.
- Missing folder icons. If you have some customized icons for your folder, it will be gone.. but not all, some of them will.
Thanks for Reading!
If you enjoyed this, hit the Recommend button down below..
What others said: