Spine Health and Pain Management
Pain management is meant to treat and cure chronic pain and enable a person to lead a normal pain-free life. Pain management is not easy and pain management specialists need to be highly dedicated and committed towards his work in order to get the best results for his patients. It is considered to be the best alternative as far as back surgery is concerned. Pain management involves a lot of things and it depends upon the specialists and of course your cause and intensity of pain as what is best suited for you. It can be non-drugs and non invasive pain management meaning you just need to exercise or it can be invasive meaning the use of pain injections or the use of pain medications and anti depressants. When it comes to chronic pain and spine health, a number of pain management therapies are used by the specialists.
How to manage chronic pain?
Receiving a thorough medical evaluation is the first thing that you need to do while managing your chronic back pain or any other chronic pain.
- In case of herniated discs, it is important that you pay attention to the type and level of pain in order to prevent any serious damage
- Another way to deal with chronic back pain when it is incurable is to make it a goal in life to not focus just on the pain for the entire life
No matter what your cause of pain is and what the intensity is, there are number of which can give your some amount of relief and they are:
- Relaxation training which involves deep and slow breathing to relieve the tension from the muscles and get some relief. This takes practice but offers great results
- Biofeedback is yet another thing that you can try. You would need to take the help of professionals who would teach you how to control some of your body functions like muscle tension and heart rate to some extent. It involves the use of machine and many a times is used along with relaxation training.
- Visual imagery where you need to focus on pleasant and happy pictures so that your mind stays diverted from the pain. Visual distraction involves focusing on positive thoughts and distracting your mind from negative painful thoughts. This might include watching TV or reading book or anything else to keep the mind busy.
- Hypnosis is also sometimes used to reduce pain sensation. There are therapists for this though you can also learn to hypnotize yourself.
Here in this article we deal with some methods that would tell you certain ways that you can implement to keep your spine healthy and flexible and prevent any sorts of pain, be it acute or chronic.
While you are sleeping, all the nerves and structures present in your spine those have worked really hard have the time to relax and rejuvenate. Hence, giving it some rest and the required support while you sleep are mandatory. Using the right mattresses and pillow are important. This would ensure that the ligaments and muscles would get the chance to get refreshed.
The choice of the right mattress depends completely on your personal preferences and you just need to make sure that your spine gets the required support.
Choosing the right footwear is also important whether you are running or walking as the wrong shoes can affect your spine health. Massages can also keep your spine healthy. However, if you are already suffering from chronic pain, this is something that you should do only after talking to your health specialist.
Tany Clarck has been researching with various herbs from pain management doctors in san diego and isalso into writing books and publishing blogs on the internet.