Build the next generation of Infrastructure
We are looking for experienced engineers to join us in San Francisco to build and maintain Medium’s core infrastructure.
At Medium, we are proud of our product, our team, and our culture. Medium’s website and mobile apps are accessed by millions of users each day. Our mission is to move thinking forward by providing a place where individuals, along with publishers, can share stories and their perspectives. Behind this beautifully-crafted platform is our engineering team who works seamlessly together. From frontend to API, from data collection to product science, Medium engineers work cross-functionally with open communication and feedback.
Why should you join us?
Medium values unique perspectives and backgrounds. Building a diverse engineering team is important to us, and you should care about this too. We have reflected these values in our engineering interview process, which you can read more about here.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for software engineers with industry experience, who can help us take our engineering infrastructure to the next level.
- Designing and developing applications in the AWS environment.
- Working with continuous integration and deployment.
- Building out services in Go while implementing best practices of service-oriented architecture.
- Making mistakes, and being willing to share the lessons you’ve learned.
- Suggesting infrastructure improvements on a six-month-plus scale, and plans to lead us there.
- Evaluating and implementing frameworks, tools, and other improvements to help Medium engineers be more productive and reduce bugs.