People Don’t Give A BLEEP!
I came across some content from Gary Vaynerchuk on LinkedIn this week. His insight is very interesting. He states the obvious. The messages I took away from listening to him are:
- You need to be optimistic.
- Do what you want to do. “You have to figure out how to try shit.”
- Find your passion. See what you like and don’t like. You won’t know if you don’t try. “People decide no before you try.”
- If you stop caring about what people say if you fail, then you will keep trying things and not care if it doesn’t work out.
Sounds easy right? Well if you stop worrying about it, it truly is easy.
Stop Doing The Same Thing As Everyone Else
Don’t do what everyone else is doing. If you see something that everyone is doing, think outside the box and see how you can offer something to them that is different. Something that will compliment what they are doing. Most people who are successful, failed, or they just tried really hard to get to where they are. The point is, successful people work very hard. Things are handed to them. It isn’t easier for them because they are successful.
People Don’t Give a Shit
The message I continue to hear when listening to Gary’s videos and podcasts are to STOP CARING ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE THINK OF YOU. Be you. Someone said that to me recently. When I stopped being me, and when I let everything I heard or read bother me; that’s when I lost my confidence in myself. I had to stop comparing myself to others and get back to the me that I used to be. The confident, self-assured me
Patience. It’s not something I have — AT ALL. I am learning real hard how to be patient.
- Position yourself in the right position to go out and win.
- Think about what you are good at.
- You have to keep putting in the work, every day.
- There is no quick cure.
- Hard work matters and you have to be patient.
- If you have drive, you will succeed to get to where you want to be.
I work VERY hard. My family knows that about me. Sometimes I put too much of myself into what I love to do. But that’s because I thrive on it. I want to succeed. I just have to figure out the work/life balance. So when I am not working, I can shut it off and be present.
That is where I struggle. I KNOW what my passion is. It is what I would do if I could do it all the time. I have an entrepreneurship type of personality. I am constantly thinking of ideas on how to do things, learning new things, or finding ways to grow my brand and my knowledge. I don’t believe that you get lucky in life. It is what you put into it.
You have to be self-aware. What are you good at? What do you like doing? Stop caring about what people think. Do your own thing. Be your own person. I am working on me.